Dental Implants are dentistry practices involving replacement of old, unhealthy or missed tooth artificially fitted with a crown and used as a natural tooth. Dental implants are in use from the time human beings started using technology. Dental implantology has undergone several modifications and the one used today is extremely safe and well customised.
Before going for the surgery, it is vital that you know all about the procedures involved in it, the professional you choose and the dental implants cost, as your teeth and smile matters.
The core of modern dental implants is a biological process called Osseointegration where materials like titanium form an anchorage between the bone and the implant.
Why is titanium used as an orthopaedic implant material?
Titanium is the most widely used implant material due to the following reasons:
- It has high biocompatibility
- Increased resistance to corrosion
- Lacks toxicity
- Diminished inflammatory immune response
Dental implant procedure:
In the dental implant procedure, the surgeon mounts the replacement tooth over the titanium anchorage that is fixed and fused with the jawbone thus stimulating its growth. Then the permanent crown is placed over the same giving it the appearance and feel of your natural teeth.
Benefits of dental implants:
- Dental implants play a significant role in replacing an ill tooth that can lead to adverse oral conditions.
- Once the oral health becomes poor, you will have trouble eating food or smiling or even talking. Dental implant helps you eat your favourite food and the confidence to laugh and talk.
- As the dental implant replaces and matches the lost tooth, you can regain your personality.
- The dental implants, unlike dentures, are fixed to the jaws, so you need not be cautious about it falling off.
Is dental implant a painful procedure?
No, It is possibly the most comfortable Dental procedure you ever experience. Dr Pinho Finds that most of his patients will not need a single pain killer after the procedure. The great majority can be easily perform under Local Anasthesia and may take around 15 minutes.
The total duration required for the surgery or procedure to complete:
The overall time taken for the complete process depends on the patients’ health and how fast it takes for you to heal and how fast your body gets adapted to the new implant. It usually takes about three visits for the entire procedure.
Cost of dental implants:
When factoring the cost of dental implants, it is crucial that you consider its lifetime or durability. The price that you would pay for implants would be a bit higher than alternates like dentures which require a replacement over 5 to 7 years. So dental implants are cost-effective over long-term and hand back your natural smile. You can get your dental implants in Sydney with high quality at $1,500 at Dental Implant Professionals.