Wisdom teeth removal is a common outpatient surgery. Impacted wisdom tooth has to be removed soon, else it would lead to various dental problems. According to a report from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 3 in 10 adults aged 25 to 44 have untreated tooth decay. Despite being a simple procedure, it is still necessary that you have to prepare yourself for wisdom teeth removal in Sydney. Every patient should follow dentist’s instructions being provided during the initial consultation.
During your first visit to the dentist, X-rays of your teeth would be taken, after which they would be analysed to note the condition of your wisdom teeth and determine if they have to be removed. Make sure to ask any kind of questions related to the procedure, and share any concerns you may have. The dental professional will clarify your queries. You would also be discussing about wisdom teeth removal cost in Sydney and necessary financial arrangements.
Days Ahead of the Surgery:
You would mostly don’t have to follow a special routine weeks or days before the surgery. However, your dental professional might have suggested to follow any medication and dietary restrictions. Also, make arrangements to reschedule work or school activities, and let the relevant people know that you would need a few days off to recover after the surgery. Also, it is a must to have someone who could drive you home after the procedure.
On the Day of Surgery:
- Brush your teeth before going to the dentist office.
- Do not use alcohol or tobacco products at least eight hours before the procedure.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Don’t forget to follow the eating or drinking instructions specified by the dentist.
- Before beginning the procedure, you would be either administered general anaesthesia or sedation.
Bonus Read – Important Recovery Tips:
Now that you have your wisdom teeth removed, you cannot immediately jump right back to your routine activities. You would need to take a few days rest and follow these useful tips to help you recover smoothly:
- After wisdom teeth removal in Sydney, it is possible for you to notice swelling. This could be controlled by placing ice packs on the cheek, close to the surgical site, and by keeping your head raised at the same time.
- Take plenty of rest during recovery. Do not involve in any energy-demanding activities. Sleeping is great to fasten your recovery process.
- Remember to stick to soft foods that don’t have to be chewed much and are nutritious at the same time. Some of them include applesauce, mashed potatoes, soups, smoothies, and more.
- While it is necessary to maintain oral hygiene, you might have to pass on brushing your teeth on the first day of recovery. Do not rinse or spit as well.
Following these tips will help you to make the experience a whole lot easier than expected. Get in touch with a wisdom teeth Sydney specialist for more details.