People often feel uncomfortable to smile for the camera when they miss their front teeth or have trouble eating because they have lost a back tooth. According to research, 1 in 25 Australians has no natural teeth. The most common and best solution for these patients is a dental implant which can replace their missing tooth for a lifetime. The implants are nothing but an artificial tooth root, which looks like a screw. When the implants are placed into the jawbone, it will bind to the natural bone and create a base to support the artificial tooth such as dentures, crowns, and bridges. People are enjoying after investing in successful dental implants cost as the best tooth replacement every day.
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
- Often people who have missed one of their teeth invest in affordable dental implants price Sydney as the replacement option. Did you know: Australians aged 15 and above have an average of 12.8 missing, filled or decayed teeth?
- Besides, nowadays people who need all their teeth replaced and for whom dentures don’t work also go for implants.
- In some cases, people who suffer failing dentition, who have had a lot of work done to their teeth and whose crown start to fail. It can be so expensive to fix all of these issues however replacing the teeth is the best option.
- Teenagers who lost their teeth naturally and also the elderly patients who have had unsuccessful dentures who want to smile and eat better are good candidates to enjoy dental implants.
How do dental implants work?
- The dental implant placement is done in 4 simple steps. The dentist will:
- Make an impression in the gum tissues in order to access the jawbone. He will then create a space in the bone for anchoring the dental implant using specialised equipment.
- Then close the gums back with dissolvable stitches.
- Once the implant site heals, the dentist will fabricate the replacement teeth.
Dental implants are mostly done in as little as 30 minutes. In the first or initial consultation, the dentist will make sure he understands your expectations. This is because some patients might experience anxiety about the dental implant procedure. If you anxious anaesthesia and medications would be suggested to help relieve your concerns. The dentist will work closely with you to make sure you get the best outcome possible.
What to expect during the recovery phase?
With the advancements in dentistry, dental implants generally have a smooth recovery phase. The patients can expect to experience mild discomfort for a few days so that the dentist will recommend over the counter pain-relieving medications.
Also, the dentist would suggest you to avoid taking crunchy hard foods and extremely hot or cold foods for at least one day while the dental implants site heals.
Avoiding infection on the implant site is crucial, so you should continue to brush your teeth regularly and take the prescribed antibiotics. Recovering from dental implants takes only a few days in general.
Once the site heals entirely and the implant fuses with the jawbone, the dentist will place the crown that looks like your natural teeth over the implant. Investing in affordable dental implants cost is one best thing you can do to yourself.