Healthy teeth are the key to a healthy smile! If you are missing one or more teeth, it is not too late to fix it.
If you have lost a tooth due injury or dental decay, dental implants can revitalise both your oral health and smile. Dental implants are the most advanced and popular restorative treatments. It is the only restoration option that preserves and stimulates natural bone.
But, if you are avoiding this restorative option due to the cost, speak with your dentist about payment plans. Many dentists provide payment plants to make the treatment affordable for all. The dental implants cost depends on several factors including the number of dental implants you need, anaesthesia, the material of the prosthetic teeth and additional procedures like bone grafting.
If you are considering dental implants as an option, here are few benefits of dental implants:
- Dental implants can function and look like your natural teeth. Besides, it gives patients the confidence to eat, smile and engage in social activities without worrying about their dentures will fall out.
- With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last long for a lifetime
- When compared to other restorative options, dental implants success rate is high. People with good health have the chances for successful implants.
- Since implants are anchored in the jawbone they help preserve the bone and significantly reduce bone deterioration.
- Replacing a missing tooth with dental implants enables you to chew food better and speak more confidently
- Dental implants can stop and even reverse bone loss in adults
What happens if you do not replace a missing tooth?
The most obvious effect of tooth loss is the appearance. But, if you delay or avoid getting treatment, it can greatly affect your oral health. Let’s discuss some common problems associated with missing tooth.
Loss of jaw bone:
The jaw bone is preserved when you stimulate through biting and chewing. If you are missing a tooth, the site where your tooth stood will not receive the stimulation and begin to disappear.
If you don’t have a tooth, the adjacent teeth will begin to shift into the gap created by your missing teeth. Drifting will destabilise the root of the nearby teeth.
Change of facial structure:
Our facial structure depends on the structure of our teeth. When you do not replace a missing tooth for a long period, the facial muscles will begin to drop and cause a change in your facial appearance.
When your teeth shift out of its position, it strains the temporomandibular joints which lead to a headache, pain and other discomforts.
Stop worrying about the cost of dental implants and consider the benefits of getting it. If your smile is healthy, your overall health will also be healthy too. So replace your missing tooth with dental implants and restore your smile!