For people who are embarrassed about their smile due to the space created by missing teeth, dental implants are a boon! Yes, dental implants have revolutionised dentistry, making it possible to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth.
Dental implants provide greater structural support and last longer than dentures and bridges. The dental implants in Sydney restore the look and functions of a missing tooth. It is like replacing a real tooth with another real tooth. No other restoration method gives effective results as dental implants do.
What are dental implants?
Teeth implants in Sydney are the devices that replace the roots of a missing tooth. They can support crowns, bridges or dentures. Implants are placed into the jawbone. In most of the cases, implants feel more natural and secure than other restorative methods like dentures.
Why should you replace your missing teeth?
There are several reasons that are essential to replace a missing tooth such as:
- Having all 32 teeth can make you more self-confident. You don’t have to be embarrassed while you smile or speak due to the space created by missing teeth. When you replace your missing teeth with dental implants, you don’t have to worry that people notice you have teeth missing.
- When a tooth is lost, the portion of the jawbone that held that tooth starts to dissolve. Even if you wear dentures, it will decrease the density of your jawbone. On the other hand, implants help to preserve the bone and shape of your jaw.
- Tooth loss affects your chewing capacity, and you cannot enjoy eating all the foods. Due to this, people who have missing teeth also have poor nutrition that affects the oral and overall health.
- The loss of teeth can also change your bite, the way your teeth come together. Changes in bite can lead to problems with your jaw joint called as temporomandibular joint.
- Missing teeth can lead to changes in your speech which significantly affects your self-confidence.
Dental vs Alternatives:
When compared to other teeth restorative options, the dental implants cost in Sydney may seem higher. But, when it comes to your oral health, consider the long-lasting benefits offered by dental implants than dentures and bridges. The upfront cost of dentures may be less, but it requires replacement frequently which leads to paying more than getting dental implants.
A few insurance companies cover the cost of dental implants but may have low annual limits. Check with your insurer regarding the eligibility and other details.
Studies reveal that the surgical placement of root-form of implants has a 99% success rate. Implants failure is rare, and it can be prevented if caught early. Gum disease is the primary factor of implant failure. But, if it is detected early, it can be treated and avoid implant failure.