A dental implant treatment is the best option to replace your missing tooth. You can undergo affordable dental implants in Sydney for single tooth replacement, multiple tooth replacement or even for full arch replacement. Initially, you need to consult with your dentist to get the clear idea about your jawbone and your dental health. First, your dentist will take x-rays of your mouth and know the condition of your jawbones and tell whether you are a good candidate for dental implants treatment. If you are a good candidate for dental implants, your dentist will undergo implants treatment.
During the treatment, your dentist will place the screw-like implants made of biocompatible titanium material into your jawbone. Once the implant gets integrated with your jawbones, your dentist will place the crown on your implants. Then the implants act similar to your natural tooth. So you can speak, eat and laugh without any hesitation. However, dental implants cost in Sydney is expensive, with proper care and maintenance, your dental implants can last a lifetime.
- After the procedure, you should not rinse your mouth for nearly 24 hours, since it may not allow your surgical site to get clot. After a day, you can rinse your mouth gently using salt with warm water. This helps to prevent the formation of germs and bacteria inside your mouth.
- You need to avoid smoking after the dental implants treatment since it affects your implants badly. If you smoke after the treatment, it may not allow your wound to clot and the healing may take more time. Sometimes due to smoking, you may end up with implant failure. So avoid smoking after the implants treatment at least till the wound has healed.
- Avoid alcohol to speed up your recovery process. Avoiding alcohol will allow your gingivae to heal, so avoid alcohol at least for two weeks after the procedure.
- Cleaning your teeth is essential to speed up your healing process. For cleaning your implants you no need to take any special care as like dentures. You can just clean your implants by brushing and flossing your teeth twice a day regularly. This will help you avoid the growth of germs and bacteria in your mouth.
- Avoid hot foods for few days after undergoing cheap dental implants in Sydney so that you can recovery earlier. Have liquid foods for few days after the treatment. But avoid straw while having any liquids since it will affect the clot on your wound.
- After three or four days of the surgery, move on to soft foods such as mashed potatoes, yogurt, purees, etc. Once your wound gets healed, you can start your normal diet with your dentist advice.
Keeping these dental implant aftercare tips, you can speed up your recovery process and get to normal in a short period.