Having wisdom teeth removed can be a scary thought for many. Yes, people mistakenly believe that wisdom teeth removal is a painful and a costly procedure. But it is not true. It is not as bad as you imagine.
The wisdom teeth removal cost in Sydney is affordable, and it is a painless procedure. You can extract your wisdom tooth without experiencing any pain. You may experience little discomfort after the surgery, and it is manageable. Wisdom teeth removal is a quick and a standard procedure in dentistry. Millions of Australians remove their wisdom teeth in a year.
Wisdom teeth are the last set of molars that usually erupt in the ages between 17 and 25. Since there is not enough space in the jawline to accommodate these third molars, they get trapped under the gum and become impacted. An impacted wisdom tooth can cause an array of dental problems. This is the reason why dentists recommend removal.
Let’s go over some of the frequently asked questions on wisdom teeth removal in this blog so that you will have a clear picture about wisdom tooth extraction.
What is the cost of wisdom teeth removal in Sydney?
- Type of impaction
- Number teeth to be pulled out
- Type of Anaesthesia
- The complexity of the procedure
- Experience of the dentist
These are the factors that determine the cost of extraction. While removing your teeth, consider cheap wisdom teeth removal in Sydney.
When to see a dentist?
If you experience any one of the following signs, visit your dentist immediately.
- Inflamed gum near wisdom teeth
- Throbbing pain
- Bad breath
- Difficulty opening your mouth and swallowing
What are the problems caused by wisdom teeth removal?
- Damage to other nearby teeth: A crooked wisdom tooth can crash into the root of nearby teeth that misaligns the teeth structure.
- Tooth decay: If the wisdom tooth has partially emerged, it cannot be cleaned properly which leads to tooth decay.
- Formation of cyst: An impacted wisdom tooth can create a cyst, and it damages the jawbone of supporting teeth and the roots of adjacent teeth.
- Gum disease: if a wisdom tooth starts to emerge through gum line, bacteria can easily step through this opening which leads to infection.
When is the best time to extract wisdom teeth?
- A wisdom tooth should be removed before they cause any problems
- Get the procedure done when the tooth has not fully developed
- Extract your wisdom teeth when you are mentally and physically healthy
How long does it take to heal after a wisdom tooth extraction?
The recovery will be quick only if you follow the post-operative care instructions given by your dentist or oral surgeon strictly. Normally, it takes gum tissue about 2 to 3 weeks to heal completely. However, you can resume your normal activities within a week.
The cost of wisdom teeth removal Sydney is economical. So remove your wisdom teeth as early as possible!